Gates Powergrip Belt
PowerGrip GT4 (Made in the UK) (NEW)
Highest Power-carrying capacity of any belt in its class.
The next generation of its high-torque synchronous belt uses a ethylene elastomer. The new construction, a change from the previous versions made with chloroprene, gives the belt unique performance characteristics.
The most advanced combination of materials and technology enable:
- Higher power-carrying capacity giving you the option to use a narrow belt
- No lubrication and no retensioning eliminates maintenance costs throughout the life of the belt
- Larger temperature range capability
- Improves Ergonomics — less weight reduces fatigue and strain during installation
- Environmentally Friendly — made without harmful chlorinated compounds
- Lower noise than competitive chain solutions due to the elimination of metal-on-metal chain clatter
- Safer for use in more applications -- rust-free and no oil contaminants
- Technically advanced compound with fibre glass tensile cord, elastomeric teeth and backing and nylon facing.
- Elastomeric backing protects the cords from environmental pollution and frictional wear.
- Helically wound fibre glass tensile member gives enormous strength, flex life and elongation resistance.
- Low friction nylon facing protects the tooth surface against wear.
- Precision-formed and accurately spaced elastomeric teeth.
- Silicone-free and therefore suited for painting processes.
- Reduced maintenance costs thanks to longer service life.
- Compact, light-weight and cost-effective drives.
- High tooth jump resistance.
- No lubrication needed.
- Temperature range: -30°C to + 100°C.